Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Timeless Classic

When I don't know what to wear and I want to wear jeans to work, this is often an outfit I like to throw together.  A white button up and jeans are both must haves and they are a timeless classic.  It never goes out of style and you can dress it up any way you like.  You can add any accessories and any shoes.  Now when I say jeans, I'm talking about real denim--not the stretchy kind and not the kind that changes shape/color after a couple of washes.  Everyone should invest in a nice pair of real denim jeans.



Wearing:

White button up--J.Crew (old)
Khaki chunky cardigan--J.Crew  (old)
Denim--Club Monaco (very old)
Necklace--Amazon (I got these for $2.  These are not the same but same price)
Shoes--Tory Burch Outlet (here)
Watch--Skagen

3 comments:

  1. Need advice on what shops (types of shops) I should target to find reasonably priced denim jeans (I understand they are pricey...but I'd rather not break the bank to buy a $200 pair). Everything I see nowadays have at least 1% spandex to make it more comfortable...and they tend to shrink to an uncomfortable size after washing and then stretch out to being absurdly baggy as I wear them.

    Any suggestions on stores to target?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyida--it's so true! It's hard to find 100% denim these days and the shrinkage/stretch of denim with spandex is a real problem. A few suggestions:
      1. Levis, Lee's, Lands End, Eddie Bauer still sell 100% cotton denim and can be affordable (you can go to Macy's during a sale with a coupon and get Levis and Lee's reasonably priced)
      2. You're right there are lots of high-end jeans with 100% denim (Lucky, Seven, Diesel, etc.), but you can find many of these brands at outlets or places like Off-Saks or Nordstrom Rack. You may have to dig but can find high-end jeans for under $100.
      3. For the jeans you do have--don't put them in the dryer. That will help with the shrinkage. Unfortunately, I don't have any good advice on the stretching after they are worn. I find it annoying as well!
      Good luck and let me know how it goes :)

      Delete
    2. I have some...personal issues...with Levis...namely being treated unfairly (for lack of nicer terms) the last time I shopped there. But I suppose I should give them a second chance...and hope that the person in question no longer works there (it was a year ago...at least).

      I will keep you posted! :-D

      Delete