Sunday, December 28, 2014

Bungalow Clothing Box Review

Yes, another subscription box.  What can I say?  It's currently my little obsession.  I also wanted to compare at least one more service to Stitch Fix and this does not charge a styling fee, which was already a big plus. 

Bungalow Clothing is very similar to Stitch Fix in terms of it's service.  I've got to say though, their website is not as easy to use and I'm still kinda confused as to how to use it.  I signed up and didn't really know what to do next.  It looks like you can identify items you would like to get but it's not 100% clear and there isn't a calendar to schedule your box.  But a few days later I received an email from someone telling me that she is going to prepare my box and if there is anything I am looking for in particular.  I really really liked that part of the service.  It seemed more personal than the "notes" box stitch fix has.  The stylist and I went back and forth a few times by email and then a few days later I had a box prepared for me.  Just like stitch fix you can take a peek at what items you're getting and google the names to see what it looks like.  I was excited.

I'm not going to do a piece by piece description of everything I received.  My box contained 7 items and I LOVED 6 out of the 7 (everything except for the vest).  The problem was that it was all out of my price range.  I emailed them to see if they price matched because I found the jeans for less but I never heard back.  At least I found a new brand I love and jeans that fit like a glove.  I love love loved the skirt!!  So cute and fun.  My only concern was that the sequence was going to fall off after wearing it a few times.  The tops were all super soft, comfortable, and fitted perfectly, but I just couldn't justify the price for such basic items.  I'll definitely be on a after Christmas sale hunt for some of these pieces though!



Will I use this service again?  Maybe but I'm still not quite sure how to schedule another box!!  But only when I'm looking for specific pieces as I think they can accommodate those requests better.

Will I use Stitch Fix again?  Yes!!  I'll probably request a box 3-4 times a year, cause it's fun to get a box of clothes.

Am I going to try any other services?  No.  Although there are several out there and if you're wondering some others I was interested in trying were Front Door Fashion, Dailylook Elite, and Golden Tote.

8 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Amanda, the VP of Product at Bungalow Clothing. Thank you so much for trying out our service and posting about it. I’m so sorry, we did not get back to you about our price matching policy. We do take customer service very seriously, however there are mix-ups occasionally and unfortunately, that is what happened here. Your style concierge will be reaching out to you shortly, if she hasn’t already. I hope you opt to receive another dressing room…although we are a bit more expensive than some of the other services, we do offer a range of price points from Chaser t-shirts & Sanctuary to Haute Hippie & Ramy Brook. We are obsessed with beautiful, quality clothes and, as you noted, firmly believe that every woman should have a pair of jeans that fits like a glove and makes her feel amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda! I appreciate the time you have taken to respond to our blog post. I will consider receiving another dressing room in the near future.

      Delete
  2. I tried signing up but got highly concerned when before I could even submit my information they had to have credit card information. I couldn't even tell if I really wanted their service yet, I certainly wasn't going to hand over my financial information. Then a couple days later they emailed me. I didn't even finish signing up yet they told me that they do not carry merchandise in my style and then went on to say that trying to suit my style would stop them from their goal of maintaining high standards. What!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my!! I've heard some other not so positive stories from others as well. I found their website to be very confusing. I really like stitchfix and trunk club. Maybe you can give one of those a try, although for both you do have to give your credit card info but they won't charge you unless you keep something. Good luck!!

      Delete
  3. I signed up and less than an hour later they told me that they were not able to work with me. Something about not being able to match my needs with their limited merchandise availability! Bizarre! The customer service rep was very helpful in trying to explain why they couldn't help me but I definitely felt very offended! Thank you for suggesting these other options!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed up and less than an hour later they told me that they were not able to work with me. Something about not being able to match my needs with their limited merchandise availability! Bizarre! The customer service rep was very helpful in trying to explain why they couldn't help me but I definitely felt very offended! Thank you for suggesting these other options!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes!! I would definitely try stitchfix or trunk club. They have been consistently great in all aspects. Good luck!!

      Delete