Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Stitch Fix vs. GoldenTote May 2015

So, April just escaped me and now we are in May.  I have a ton of things to share with you and some really great post ideas as well but let me start with what I got in my May Stitch Fix box.

This time I told my stylist that summers in Atlanta are brutal so I requested clothing items that were breathable, mainly cotton.  I also asked for some cute shorts I can dress up or down.  Last I requested a cute summer bag or clutch.  And guess what?  My stylist delivered!!

Now, here are each item:

Dear John Finnegan Roll Cuff Chino Short--$48 and Skies Are Blue Sherry Embroidery Detail Tank- $48


Love these shorts!!  It has a pinstripe detail on it and can be easily dressed up or down. The tank is great too. I love the detail on it, it's not over-the-top but it still makes a statement. Only problem is that the tank is big around the armhole. 

Shorts-keep!  Tank-undecided

Fun2fun Charles Embroidered Trim Blouse-$38




This top is a geogous color with a great embroidered trim detail. The only problem is it feels too short. Maybe if I wear with a high-waisted skirt I could make it work?--undecided. 

Fun2fun Talula Lace Back Top- $44



Love love love this top. It's all business in the front and fun and flirty in the back. The print is subtle and the lace is reserved. I like how the lace is only on the bottom half and I don't have to worry about wearing the right bra. This is definitely a keeper!!

Urban Expresions Adelade Woven Fold-Over Clutch- $48


This clutch is cute and is a great color. I've been needing a new everyday clutch. Just not sure if I want to spend this much on a clutch--undecided.

Everything she sent is exactly my style and better than what I would have picked out for myself.  We are in such good sync and every box has gotten better.

Now here is my dilemma...a couple weeks ago I ordered myself a Golden Tote box.  What is Golden Tote you ask?  It's a similar but completely different concept.  You can pick either a small or large tote.  Depending on which tote you pick, you then select one or two items you want to include in your tote.  Then they will include one to four items as a surprise.  Here's the thing though, it's all or nothing.  Now, you may be wondering about the quality of the items, it's great, no different than stitch fix.  Many of the items are boutique store items, similar pieces are found in Modcloth, Shopruche, and even Anthropologie.  Now, what's the cost?  It's $49 for a small tote and $149 for a large tote. But when you break it down per item it comes down to $25 each. 

So, back to when I ordered a large Golden Tote a couple weeks ago.  They had two pieces that I've been looking for as key staple pieces.  My plan was to keep 3 or 4 items then sell the others (there's also a whole trading/selling group on Facebook).  But then I got my tote and fell in love with every piece!!  Here's what I got:

--Black Maxi Dress
--Peach Dress
--White Jeans
--Blue Embroidered Tunic/Dress
--Bib top
--Lace top


But now that I also have my stitch fix box and there are multiple pieces I want to keep, I need to decide which pieces to sell.  Do you see my dilemma now?  I still have some Stitch Fix credit, so that's a plus.  Which would you sell/keep?

No comments:

Post a Comment