Saturday, May 30, 2015

Piano Makeover: Part 2

Let me just say I LOVE chalk paint!!  No sanding or priming required. After the survey and a long discussion with the family members we decided to go with a very light blue. It's really like a white with a hint of blue. We went to downtown Norcross to a store called Chalk It Up and bought some Annie Sloan chalk paint and wax. I mixed the Old White with Provence. 

I was a little nervous so started with the bench. Since we were giving the bench a whole new look, I also picked up some fabric in the clearance section of Hobby Lobby for $2!!  

Then I just went for it.  The greatest thing about this paint is that it dries so fast!!  So I was able to do three coats in less than 2 hours. I want to paint every furniture I have now! Please excuse the bad lighting. Next is the actual piano.  Since I'm going out of town, I likely won't be able to tackle it till next week but stay tuned!!








No comments:

Post a Comment