Thursday, May 28, 2015

Piano Makeover: Part 1

This summer I am doing some rearranging of furniture and spending some time organizing the house.  Since we have renovated our home, I haven't dedicated much time decorating each room.  We kinda just placed the furniture we had and I've spent a lot of time thinking and pinning ideas on Pinterest.  Now that it's been two years since we've been in this space and I'm not pregnant or adjusting to life with a newborn and as a family of four, I have some time to actually put things together.  Now, the biggest challenge I have is furniture arrangement.  We have some amazing space but not many walls.  I have ideas of what I want done, but can't seem to arrange it all together. 

One of the things I wanted to do is create a family work space.  A space where the kids can do homework, where we can put a family computer, and organize bills and other paperwork.  This was my inspiration:


Source:  http://www.nouvelledaily.com/blog/posts/2014/november/a-workspace-for-two/

But the space I want to use to create this has our piano sitting there.  Finding space for a piano where we don't have many walls is a challenge. Also, I wanted to give this piano some new life and help it fit into our color scheme a little better.  I've been quite inspired by all the painted pianos I've seen on Pinterest:


Source:  http://www.32turns.com/piano-makeover/

 
 
The plan is to go buy some chalk paint this weekend and to just go for it.  I'll be sure to post progress pictures along the way and tons of before and after shots.  What color should we paint it?
 


What color should we paint our piano

White
Blue
Gray

Poll Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment