Friday, December 14, 2012

Outfit for the day

So, here's my first "fashion" post.  I'm no fashionista and some days I look far worse than others but I do love it when an outfit comes together well or when you feel good about what you wore for the day.  How I am dressed is usually a reflection of how I feel, but being atypical, the better dressed I am, the worse I am feeling.  So, if I'm feeling good when I wake up, I don't tend to care how I look too much.  But the days I am feeling down or not so hot, I like to dress it up.

Today was a dress down day but I liked how it came together.  I love it when you re-discover a piece of clothing that has been sitting in your closet for over a year and it adds a little something to your outfit.  This ruffle button-up shirt that I am wearing is an oldie but goodie.  It has ruffle details on the front but it's subtle and not over-the-top--I have had it forever and it never seems to go out of style.  I also love these purple pants.  I wear them everywhere and all the time.  It's more fun than jeans and super soft and comfortable.  My purse and boots are new--I got them as early birthday/Christmas gifts.  The shoes are super comfortable and I know I will wear them everywhere. 






Here's a breakdown of what I am wearing:

-Ruffled button-up shirt (several years old from Banana Republic outlet)
-Gray cardigan (several years old from J. Crew outlet)
-Purple skinny ankle pants (Madewell--bought a few months ago on sale with an additional 40% off coupon, Gina's student discount, and a coupon from Birchbox but no longer in stock--$20)
-Crossbody bag (Madewell--received as an early birthday/Christmas gift)
-Studded heel ankle boot (Cathy Jean Shoes--received as early birthday/Christmas gift)

So what have you re-discovered in your closet lately that helped pull together an outfit?




No comments:

Post a Comment