Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ipsy December Bag: Review

We started receiving Ipsy bags (formally known as Glam Bag) about 4-5 months ago.  I started off with a Birchbox subscription but quickly cancelled Birchbox after receiving my Glam Bag.  Ipsy has surpassed my expectations and every bag each month has been amazing. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Ipsy, it's a monthly beauty product subscription for $10 a month and free shipping.  You get a new bag every month with 4-5 different beauty products.  This month's theme was Haute Holiday and the products came in a silver gray bag.  I received five products this month:


1.  NYX Loose Pearl Shadow--perfect for the holiday parties, love the glittery gold color
2.  Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil--glides on perfectly
3.  Mai Culture Highlighter Paper--excited to try it
4.  Mirabella Prime for Face and Eyes--it's very light and not greasy, I've only used it once but my make-up feels like it lasts longer
5.  Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss in Red--never tried red lip gloss (cause I feel like it makes my lips look even thicker) but really liked how light this gloss feels (although the BareMinerals gloss from last month is by far my absolute favorite in color, feel, thickness, and shine)

What I like about Ipsy is that they give you very generous if not full-sized products.  Plus, every item is high quality and usable.  Birchbox gave a lot of samples that I could get for free from the department stores and I always felt a little ripped off.  If you like to try new things and don't want to spend an enormous amount of money to figure out which products you like then this is a great way to get introduced to new brands and get decent sized, name brand, quality products for relatively cheap.  It's also a great gift for the holidays. 

1 comment:

  1. This is really great! I was going to sign myself up for Birchbox as a gift to myself, but I am super glad I came across this!

    ReplyDelete