Thursday, December 20, 2012

Home sweet home









I've been a home owner for over a year and have not done much to my home. I didn't even have a house warming party because our house was not exactly as I wanted. Being a full-time student, I was unable to decorate my house due to budget constraint. There are big renovations I eventually want to do  (changing my kitchen and making an awesome spa master bathroom), but I'm glad I'm able to do little things to my sweet home to make it my own. I would say my style is a mix between Pottery Barn and West Elm. Although I want to buy everything from both stores, I don't even own anything from West Elm and I have a few things from Pottery Barn from other people who bought it from my wedding registry. I rely buying small decoration items from Home Goods, TJ Maxx, and Target.

My rug is from rugusa. Its a bluish-grey Chevron 8x10 rug. The material is a little thin, but overall, I'm satisfied. I got it on sale Black Friday for $88.00. here

The grey place mats and the white vase are from Home Goods. Both were under $15.00. Pretty good deal!  Similar vase here

I love hydrangeas. I used them in my flower arrangement for my wedding. However, I never really appreciated when my husband brought real flower for special occasions for me. Real flowers die so fast and you have to keep changing the water so that you don't have to smell nasty rotting water. Now, being a home owner I am starting to appreciate flowers. *hint *hint :) But, for everyday decoration purpose, I bought plastic white hydrangeas at Hobby Lobby and they were on sale 50% off.

1 comment:

  1. I still need to go over to your house and see it!!!

    ReplyDelete