Friday, December 21, 2012

From Tacky to Trendy

In fashion news, we had our annual tacky sweater and Festivus celebration today at work.  I knew I would be going out to dinner afterwards and I am all about efficiency.  I didn't want to have to do a complete wardrobe change, so I came up with this outfit.

I love these red skinny pants.  I got them from H&M for $14 about a month ago and I wear them all the time.  They are the right fit, super comfortable, and looks great.  It probably won't last more than one season but for the price it's well worth it!  I paired the pants with a ruffled button-up shirt and one of my favorite necklaces.  I bought this necklace over 8 years ago in Cuba.  It's made from coffee-beans and has a lot of character.  So, for work, I just added my tacky vest (c/o of my friend) and for dinner, I switched it out with this chunky sweater from J.Crew.  I love how one layering piece can change an entire outfit. 





It was also super cold tonight so I am wearing an old coat from ages ago bought in Korea.  

Red skinny pants:  H&M (similar)
Cream ruffle button-up shirt (old):  Banana Republic outlet
Tacky sweater (borrowed):  (similar)
Chunky button-up sweater (old):  J.Crew
Necklace (old)
Coat (old)

No comments:

Post a Comment