Friday, December 21, 2012

Dinner and a Movie: Review

So, today is my birthday and to celebrate we went out on a date without the baby (wahoo!).  Jimmy found this deal on Creative Loafing (http://www.loafdeals.com/?x=1mT) for Highland Tap.  Go to "Local Deals Marketplace--Food" and there's a list of restaurants, scroll down to Highland Tap.

It is known for it's martinis and burgers.  We didn't order a martini but I did get their Award winning Steak Burger with cheddar cheese and grilled onions.  Jimmy got their Grouper sandwich.  Let me say hands down one of the best burgers I've ever had.  I really don't have much to say about Jimmy's grouper other than I wish we didn't share half of our meals with each other.  I also ordered my usual half sweet and half unsweet tea, which was a bit watered down and didn't taste much like tea but it's hard to find a good sweet tea place that doesn't either taste like a gallon of sugar or watered down tea.  Other than the meal, the atmosphere was a little dungeon-like (maybe because it was in the basement) and there weren't a whole lot of people but that could be because it was only 5:30ish by the time we started eating (although the bar upstairs was packed).  All in all, I think it was well worth the coupon if you stay with what they are known for.






Afterwards, we headed to Tara Theatre to watch Silver Linings Playbook.  It had gotten tons of great reviews on Rotten Tomato but the preview wasn't all that intriguing so I had mixed feelings about watching it.  Glad I was wrong.  It was a good movie--it was light with some unexpected and some predictable parts but I love me a good rom/com and it hit all the right notes for me.  I don't want to overhype it for anyone or spoil it, but I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment