Thursday, February 7, 2013

Denim Vest

This denim jacket I got it from a thrift store for $5 dollars. It served me well for several months, but I finally invested in a new fitted denim jacket from Madewell. This one is from Old Navy, but it's boxy on me and doesn't fit me well.
I also wanted to purchase a denim vest, but I couldn't get myself to spend $80-90 dollars for a jacket without any sleeves. So, I decided to make my own denim vest. 





 I cut the sleeves more and it looked better. 


I can't wait to wear this jacket more in the spring/summer!

Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. VERY nice! I am mucho impressed. Now I need to find a denim jacket too...without the aid of a Madewell store. T.T"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found one i LOVE at American Eagle. Fitted and 100% Cotton! Even if I can't find jeans in 100% Cotton, at least I found a jacket. :-D

      Delete
    2. Show a picture of it! Did you get it on sale?

      Delete
    3. Alas, I did not...but considering it's a piece I can wear with practically everything (and I expect it to last me a lifetime...at least as long as I can fit into it), I think it's $50 well spent. :-) I took a pic of it and my new shirtdress on Instagram. You can check it out there.

      Delete