Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pure Barre

Confession... 
I have not been working out consistently. Honestly, my whole life I have never been an active person who loves to hike, run, workout, etc. I've been such a hypocrite. My job, I lecture other people they need to be healthy by eating right and exercising and I wasn't even following my own advice. 
For the past few years, I've been getting tired so easily that I would get so frustrated at myself for always needing to nap or rest.
Recently my friend introduced me to Pure Barre. To me, it's a mixture of pilates, yoga, and dance, but you can read their website for a better description. I am lucky that I only live 10 minutes from one of there locations in Atlanta. I got the $100 one month unlimited promotion deal. I went at least 3-4 times a week and I think the first week I went 5 days in a row and got sick from overworking my body. After exactly one month, my weight is about the same, but I feel better and stronger. I have noticed that my skinny jeans are tolerable after meals and every part of me feels tighter. I use to have a belly that wouldn't go away, but I am proud to say this summer I can wear a bikini and not feel so self-conscious.
I talked it over with Chris if I should continue or not because it's not cheap! But, overall, I feel better, look better, and I finally found something I am committed to.
Cheers to exercising!





Outfit of the day -

White t-shirt from banana outlet (old). Similar to here
Merona polka dot chambray skirt
Clarks brown sandals
Coach crossbody (old). similar to here

No comments:

Post a Comment